expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Elite by Kiera Cass


Summary: 
"The selection began with 35 girls. Now, with the group narrowed down to the Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's love is fiercer than ever. The closer America gets to the crown, the more she struggles to figure out where her heart truly lies. Each moment she spends with Maxon is like a fairy tale, filled with breathless, glittering romance. But whenever she sees her first love, Aspen, standing guard, she's swept up in longing for the life they'd planned to share.
America is desperate for more time. But while she's torn between her two futures, the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip away."





Would you look at this cover art! Just like the first book, the dress is absolutely beautiful and I love the crystal mirror effect in the background.  In this book, America is still in the running to win Maxon's heart, and the final group of girls is called the Elite (meaning that there are now only six of them). I was so sad to see what happened to one of my favorite characters! I don't want to release any spoilers, but I will say that it's shocking and horrible! The imagery in this book is just amazing as the first, all the dresses and the dancing. The series has reached the irritating stage in this book, I can tell that Maxon and America belong together but Maxon keeps being super irritating! I mean you know he is trying to keep up appearances, but still I just wish he would communicate with America more. 

America as a character in this book is in some ways not the same girl that we met in this first book (see my review here). She is very brash and headstrong in this book, and I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and just shake her until she saw sense. However this drama just adds to the story and makes the plot line move as well as keep the reader on their toes. I seriously thought that everything was going to come crashing and down and why on earth would there be a third book. However the ending is great and suspenseful. I also love how Cass gives us more screen time on the other girls, like Celeste. Definitely recommend this book! The romance, dresses, and scenery are just as good as the first book and all the drama is enough to satisfy any reader! Highly recommend! 

Rating: 9 out of 10. The only reason I docked a point is because I was so irritated with America in some points of this book! However it was still really good, and I can't wait to read the next one!

Content rating: 2 (12-18). There is some mild violence (rebels coming in and attacking the palace), as well as some teen romance, but other t
han that this book is really good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment