expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 16, 2015

Confessions: The Paris Mysteries by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro



First Things First: Cover art!
I like the simplicity of this cover art. Just leaves a bit of mystery for the reader, and I also like how we can see the Eiffel Tower in Tandy's sunglasses in this image. The black background with the purple letters makes everything pop. Like this cover art!
*******
Summary: 
"After investigating multiple homicides and her family's decades-old skeletons in the closet, Tandy Angel is finally reunited with her lost love in Paris. But as he grows increasingly distant, Tandy is confronted with disturbing questions about him, as well as what really happened to her long-dead sister. With no way to tell anymore who in her life she can trust, how will Tandy ever get to the bottom of the countless secrets her parents kept from her?"
*******
My Review: 
After the first two books I was really excited to see how this one was going to pan out, and I was not disappointed. In this book Tandy's family is no living in Paris, and poor Tandy's life just is not going to get any better or simple anytime soon. Her boyfriend is back, but this guy is seriously one of the biggest jerks on the face of the planet. I mean.. REALLY? After everything she's been through and you do that to her...
The Angel family has issues, I mean serious, serious issues. And if you thought what came to light in the last book was pretty odd then this book wins. I seriously can't wait to read the last one. It came out last month if I remember correctly, it will be the last in the series and I hope it answers the tons of questions that I have! I just really don't have the time to read it right now, maybe after the semester ends I will actually the time. These books are so weird, but at the same time I can't stop reading them. I think, as I have mentioned in past reviews, its the fact that this really could happen today. I can just imagine it being all over every news sight in the area. I think what really draws me to this book is how Patterson and Maxine write Tandy. It is extremely rare to have a character break the fourth wall as often as she does and I think it makes her more real. Like we are experiencing the story right along with Tandy. The end of this book.... OH MY GOODNESS!?!?!?!?! So confused!!! Can not wait to read the last one. The only clue that I will say is one character gets a rather big surprise, and I have no idea if she is hallucinating or if it actually happened... 

Rating: 9 out of 10. The cliffhanger is a bit to much for me! Just can not wait to read the next book!

Content Rating: 3 (16-18). There is some teen romance, and some content that is just a bit to mature for younger readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment