expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, August 5, 2016

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

First things First: Cover Art!

The cover art of this book is what made me want to read it. I love the purple and blue smoke, and as soon as I saw the lamp I was 99% sure that this was an Aladdin retelling. I like the font that they decided to go with for the cover as well, gives it an Arabian nights feel. 10/10 for me! 

*******

Summary:

"When Aladdin discovers Zahra's jinni lamp, Zahra is thrust back into a world she hasn't seen in hundreds of years—a world where magic is forbidden and Zahra's very existence is illegal. She must disguise herself to stay alive, using ancient shape-shifting magic, until her new master has selected his three wishes. But when the King of the Jinn offers Zahra a chance to be free of her lamp forever, she seizes the opportunity—only to discover she is falling in love with Aladdin. When saving herself means betraying him, Zahra must decide once and for all: is winning her freedom worth losing her heart?As time unravels and her enemies close in, Zahra finds herself suspended between danger and desire in this dazzling retelling of Aladdin from acclaimed author Jessica Khoury."


My Review:

Okay, based on the summary this book sounds amazing, right? I was a bit nervous at first because I have major trust issues when it comes to a book summary that sound awesome because most of the time the book just falls short. However this book... was STUNNING! Absolutely gorgeous! Khory's writing style... it flows so incredibly well, I felt like I was reading a piece of art. The characters are developed extremely well. Especially Zahra, this jinni has been through a lot and has seen a lot but we get to watch as she discovers more about herself and how she fits into everything. She is probably the best character I have seen in a long, long time. Plus the love story in this book... for once there is not a love triangle!! I was so happy! And the relationship between the two characters just flows so incredibly naturally. Reading this book is like watching a movie, everything is so well explained and I was imagining all these vivid colors and people. I highly, highly recommend this amazing book. It was absolutely incredible. I usually struggle with stand alone books because I am left with questions, but this book wrapped everything up so nicely and I would love a movie of this book I really would.  

Rating: 10 out of 10! This book was incredible, absolutely stunning. I think you could even use the word flawless here as well. Definitely, definitely recommend reading it! 

Content Rating: 3. (16-18) Some content in this novel is definitely a bit to mature for younger readers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment