expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Cloaked by Alex Flinn

Summary:
"I’m not your average hero. I actually wasn’t your average anything. Just a poor guy working an after-school job at a South Beach shoe repair shop to help his mom make ends meet. But a little magic changed it all.
It all started with the curse. And the frognapping. And one hot-looking princess, who asked me to lead a rescue mission.
There wasn’t a fairy godmother or any of that. And even though I fell in love along the way, what happened to me is unlike any fairy tale I’ve ever heard. Before I knew it, I was spying with a flock of enchanted swans, talking (yes, talking!) to a fox named Todd, and nearly trampled by giants in the Everglades.
Don’t believe me? I didn’t believe it either. But you’ll see. Because I knew it all was true, the  second I got CLOAKED."



Alex Flinn is the author of Beastly (which was made into a movie). After reading Beastly I was eager to read more of Flinn’s books. Cloaked is a mixture of a ton of different lesser known fairy tales mixed in with the Princess and the Frog and it is absolutely amazing! A big reason that I loved this book is because it didn’t have a cliché ending. But to spare my readers from spoilers I will simply say that this love story diddn’t even go in the direction that I had expected it to. This book was clean, and I wish Disney would find it and turn it into a movie! All in all, I recommend this story to anyone looking for a new fairytale.

Rating: 10 out of 10. This book is written so well and the blending of all the different fairytales into one works, and it’s not even a musical! Amazing right?


Content Rating: 2 (12-18). I feel that this book fits in this age group because it is a bit big and as many of the fairy tales in this book are not well known it might confuse younger individuals. There is a couple instances of kissing, but again the Princess and the Frog fairytale is blended into this book so that is to be expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment