expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, July 27, 2015

Where She Went by Gayle Forman


Summary: 
"Picking up several years after the dramatic conclusion of If I Stay, Where She Went continues the story of Adam and Mia, from Adam's point of view. Ever since Mia's decision to stay - but not with him - Adam's career has been on a wonderful trajectory. His album, borne from the anguish and pain of their breakup, has made him a bona fide star. And Mia herself has become a top-rate cellist, playing in some of the finest venues in the world. When their respective paths put them both in New York City at the same time, the result is a single night in which the two reunite - with wholly satisfying results."







I was so excited to read this book! If I Stay was an amazingly written book with a very open ended ending so I was hoping for more. This book is written from Adam’s point of view and I was a little skeptical of how that would work out but Adam is just as full of raw emotion as Mia is. He is still reeling from some of his past and is still very much hurt by it. So to see this beautiful story from his point of view was amazing. I don’t think this book would have worked nearly as well if it was from Mia’s point of view. It made me as a reader understand Mia even more from Adam’s point of view. The ending of this book was also very satisfying. All in all this second book was not better than the first one, but still it was a necessary companion to the story. I loved it!

Rating: 9 out of 10. I gave it this rating because I was kinda sad to see just how bad one of the characters was doing in this book. But I think he’ll have a happier life because of how the end of the book turned out!


Content Rating: 3 (16-18). I gave it this rating because just like the second book, there is teen romance, language, and a bit of smoking and drinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment