expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, December 7, 2015

Reached by Ally Condie





First things first: Cover art!

Okay, I'm super proud of myself. I just noticed that all three books are the colors of the pills that every member of the society carries around and it matches all the books! The first one is green, the green pill calms you down and that book is kinda mellow. The second book is blue, the blue one slows you down, and in that book the society starts slowing down. The third one, obviously, is red! The red one makes you forget, and in this one nothing will be forgotten ever again. Now I like this cover art, I like how Cassia is now fully out of the glass bubble, and she is standing now, I like the red dress and the fact that we can see her hair. 

*******

Summary:

"Cassia’s journey began with an error, a momentary glitch in the otherwise perfect façade of the Society. After crossing canyons to break free, she waits, silk and paper smuggled against her skin, ready for the final chapter.
The wait is over.
One young woman has raged against those who threaten to keep away what matters most—family, love, choice. Her quiet revolution is about to explode into full-scale rebellion. With exquisite prose, the emotionally gripping conclusion to the international–bestselling Matched trilogy returns Cassia, Ky, and Xander to the Society to save the one thing they have been denied for so long, the power to choose."

*******

My Review: 

Ummm..... I feel like this series is missing a book or something, but after a few Google searches I have concluded that there is indeed only three books in the series. Don't get me wrong, I like this series. Condie's writing style is excellent and I love the poetry mixed in. However.... This book is missing a lot of information. I mean okay you have the Rising and the Society, the Rising is mentioned a ton in this book as well as some of the second book. However we get no interaction with what the Society is doing to stop the Rising. It gave me the impression that the Rising could have easily taken out the Society forever ago and so why did this series even occur? I hate comparing books to other books because I feel that each one is it's own beautiful world in it's own way but I couldn't help but compare it to other dystopian novels that I have read. In all dystopian novels that I have read there is some opposition from the main governing body to the rebellion. Now with this book you can't even call the Rising a rebellion. You really can't. I even tried to look at it with the angle that okay the Rising has supposedly been going on for a long time so maybe it got to the point where they could take over but even that theory doesn't exactly work. I mean for this novel to fully work it needed two strong opposing forces, the Rising is ready to meet that requirement but the Society... A puppy has more fight in it then the Society. I mean come on!!! And I want to rant so badly about the end, but I can't because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. But still! It felt to me that the Rising was really in control the entire time and the Society was only a formality that partially existed if that makes any sense. I think the fact that it was a peaceful war of sorts going on between the two parties was an interesting twist, it just didn't really work the way that Condie had written it. Okay rant over, now I can get into the characters and other fun things.

Okay, the romance going on between Ky and Cassia is one of my favorites in any book that I have ever read. I like how it isn't mushy, it doesn't feel forced its innocent and sweet. I think it has played out really naturally in this entire series and this book emphasizes that fact. Okay, Xander. Oh Xander... Okay Condie, um I like Xander as a character I really do. But you kinda destroyed him for me in this book. Something was revealed that confused the heck out of me in this book, and it will probably confuse you too. Turns out Xander has a secret, a big one and it just doesn't work! Okay, I'm gonna say it. You can hate me if you want but I need to rant and I can't rant without saying it. However, it's going to be said in very teeny tiny letters at the bottom of this blog post underneath my ratings so you can look if you want and not if you don't. 

Okay for those of you who read it, IT MAKES NO SENSE! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! I mean come on... Really? Again it feels like this book was missing a ton of info.
This book was over 500 pages while the others were around 300. What that tells me about an author is that the book was rushed. There was to much information to fit, and so the last book becomes longer than the others. What Condie should have done is split it into two thus giving the readers all the information and not making it feel so rushed. But alas.. I'm guessing there was a lot of pressure from publishers to get this book out to the public, and if that was the case shame on them! You can't rush beauty. Anyways I really think that this series is worth the read, just be prepared for a lot of questions.


Rating: 6 out of 10. Condie's writing style saved this book, however if she ever decides to write another series I hope she gives each book the same amount of love and attention the first one received.

Content Rating: 2 (12-18). Some mild kissing, and some scenes that might be a bit to intense for younger readers. 


*******
Xander is part of the Rebellion! And has been for like forever. Confusing right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment