expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, September 25, 2016

And I Darken by Kiersten White



Watch my review on my YouTube channel: Pages to Turn.Oh this book.... I'm stunned. I don't even know what to say, it was like watching one of those insanely good war movies. Except it was a book. I finished the last three hundred pages in a couple hours, and it felt like no time had passed. I was completely absorbed by the beauty that is this book. White's writing style is pretty much above anything I've read before, she isn't afraid to show off what she can do with words and it shows in her characters and the world that she creates. 

Her Brother Radu is also interesting, I loved the character development with him. Oh my gosh it's amazing. And Lada I loved how we got to see her change but inherently at her core she stayed the same, valuing what she wanted and not afraid of what it takes to get there. I definitely recommend this book, it as an amazing and fun wild ride that I would recommend to pretty much anyone and everyone. Absolutely stunning book.


I'm not saying this book was perfect by any means, the perfect book doesn't exist. It had it moments where I felt things could have been left out(this book definitely crosses the line between YSA and Adult fiction) or somethings were drawn on to long but this book was stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. Kiersten White creates this amazing world of silk and swords mixed in with a constant struggle for power that takes your breath away. Lada the main character is amazing, she is no princess. I don't even know if you could call her a heroine, she is unique. Incredibly amazingly unique. She knows exactly what she wants and what she will have to sacrifice to get it, she's like Mulan in a way. Mean Mulan on Steroids is probably the best comparison I have for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment