expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, September 26, 2016

Firstlife by Gena Showalter


To see this review on my YouTube channel click HERE.


So I was kind of conflicted about this book... I struggled to get through the beginning the premise was interesting and the cover art is absolutely gorgeous! So basically even reading this book was a pretty easy decision. So when it comes to stars I give this book a 3.5 out of 5. I had to force myself to get to the middle of this novel when it finally picked up enough for me to not be able to put it down. The last hundred pages I finished in about twenty minutes because I was that absorbed.


Anyways I think there was just way to much information packed in this book, there were a lot of terms used that weren't explained until further on in this book so I had to do a lot of flipping back and forth. I really liked this book, I did. I just didn't appreciate all the confusion in the first part of it.


I really liked Gena Showalter's writing style. And Ten Lockwood as a character I liked her, but at the same time I kind of didn't. She didn't experience as much character development as I would have liked.... She... she's interesting. She's strong, but at the same time I couldn't help but think so is every single heroine ever written... So I was expecting something different about Ten, and seriously the only thing different I got was her obsession with numbers!!!! Come on here authors! Give me a character that's different!!! (I seriously think you could put Ten in the Hunger Games and minus the obsession with numbers she would pretty much be the same as Katniss Everdeen)


The love triangle here is also... interesting. Very interesting. There is a bit of instalove here, however at the same time there wasn't? I like love triangles that aren't drawn out for very long and this one wasn't at all. Also the end left a couple of surprises, one that I am still mourning. (silent internal sobbing....) I definitely recommend this book, the begging doesn't leave much to be desired but once you reach the middle this book is incredibly worth the read! Just be prepared though, there isn't much of a wow this book stayed with me factor. It keeps you occupied for a couple hours though!


Follow me on YouTube: Pages To Turn

Follow me on Goodreads: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment