expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, August 21, 2015

Zoobreak by Gordon Korman

First let's talk about cover art. Like the first book (see my review here) Luther prominently is displayed on the front cover with some foreshadowing to the book's contents behind him. I like the simplicity of the cover design and I also like how the dog is the focal point.

*******

Summary:
"When Griffin Bing's class goes to a floating zoo, they don't expect to see animals being treated so badly. They don't expect to find Cleo, Dog Whisperer Savannah's pet monkey who's been missing for weeks. And they really don't expect to have to hide the animals once they've rescued them! Hilarity ensues as Griffin's team once more pulls off a heist . . . trying to break the animals back into a (better) zoo!"
*******

Even though these books are geared towards younger readers I find myself enjoying them! This one is just as funny as the first however I hope the third one uses a slightly different "formula". My favorite part of this book would have to be when the heist comes together, and like the first one something goes slightly wrong. In this case a very large security guard gets stuck in an air vent and hilarity ensues! I find myself cringing at Griffin though, I mean he knows he could go to jail for a very long time but he doesn't care! If you liked the first book then I would definitely recommend reading this one as well, especially if you love animals! 

Rating: 7 out of 10. These books are meant for younger readers but even besides that I found myself wincing at some parts. 

Content Rating: 1 (8-120). This book has some mild juvenile mischief but other than that it is pretty clean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment