expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, July 31, 2015

Swindle by Gordon Korman

Summary:
"After a mean collector named Swindle cons him out of his most valuable baseball card, Griffin Bing must put together a band of misfits to break into Swindle's compound and recapture the card. There are many things standing in their way -- a menacing guard dog, a high-tech security system, a very secret hiding place, and their inability to drive -- but Griffin and his team are going to get back what's rightfully his . . . even if hijinks ensue."







I first read this book when I was in Junior High. What drew me to it was the fact that kids my same age were pulling off a well-planned heist. Griffin Bing is the man with the plan, and he manages to get his friends to join in on his crazy plans. This plan involves stealing back an incredibly rare baseball card from the man who cheated him out of it. The variety of personalities that are seen in Griffin’s friends is quite funny and I love reading as they interact. After reading this book four years later I am surprised to say that I still find it to be pretty good! It’s perfect for younger readers looking for an adventure. The main character is a bit rebellious, but I couldn’t help but root for him and his friends during this book!

Rating: 8 out of 10. I’m older now, so some of this book did seem a bit silly to me. Also the plot was a bit to short for my liking.

Content Rating: 1 (8-120) This book is very clean, there’s just some Juvenile mischief (teens break into someone’s house to steal a baseball card).


No comments:

Post a Comment