expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Girl, Stolen by April Henry


First things first: cover art! The cover art is really what drew me to bring this book home with me from the library. I think its interesting that she is covering her face in the picture, but it's also kinda weird considering the girl is blind. 

*******
Summary:
Sixteen-year-old Cheyenne Wilder is sleeping in the back of a car while her mom fills her prescription for antibiotics. Before Cheyenne realizes what's happening, their car is being stolen. Griffin hadn't meant to kidnap Cheyenne, but once his dad finds out that Cheyenne's father is the president of a powerful corporation, everything changes--now there's a reason to keep her. How will Cheyenne survive this nightmare? Because she's not only sick with pneumonia--she's also blind.
*******
I'm a big fan of the mystery genre so as soon as I read the summary when I got home I was sold and started reading this book immediately. The whole cookie cutter story of where some girl gets kidnapped and escapes has kinda gotten a bit old, so the whole girl is blind twist was very interesting. I thought that this book was going to end differently than it really did, but just when you thought this book was over Henry throws in a very unexpected twist which makes your heart hammer all over again. Cheyenne kind of reminded me of Violet in the body finder series for some reason. And even after comparing their characters extensively I still don't know why. However if you are a big fan of the mystery/thriller genre than this book is for you!

Rating: 9 out of 10. This book was a bit stereotypical, and the only reason it didn't get an eight is because the main girl was blind which was a very unexpected twist. 

Content Rating: 3 (16-18). There is just some content that is a bit to mature for younger readers but other than that its a good book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment